Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Playlist: Romanticism & Science (Part 1)

I was bored, and when I'm bored, I make playlists. No Spotify link-- I do apologize--  but I'm committed to a group of like-minded, angry audiophiles who're abjuring the co. until they offer songs in a halfway decent (viz., lossless) quality. But my compunction is tempered by an assurance that you know to use, as my father would say, "the Google."


  1. Rilo Kiley-- "Science vs. Romance" 
  2. Anything by the Sex Pistols or Savage Garden (for Erasmus Darwin)
  3. New Order-- "Bizarre Love Triangle" (for The Anti-Jacobin Review)
  4. David Axelrod-- "The Sick Rose" (for William Blake)
  5. AC/DC- "If You Want Blood (You've Got It)" (for John Hunter)
  6. Captain Beefheart-- "Electricity" (for Joseph Priestley)
  7. Black Uhuru-- "What Is Life" (for John Thelwall)
  8. Missy Elliott-- "Bring the Pain" (for Thomas Paine)
  9. Iron Maiden-- "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" (for S. T. Coleridge)
  10. Rush-- "Kubla Kahn" (ibidem)
  11. Anything by Sublime (for Edmund Burke)
  12. James Blunt-- "You're Beautiful" (ibidem)
  13. The Notorious B.I.G.-- "Hypnotize" (for Franz Anton Mesmer)
  14. Sebadoh-- "Magnetic Coil" (for Percy Bysshe Shelley)
  15. New York Dolls-- "Frankenstein" (for Mary Shelley) 
  16. Kanye West-- "Monster" (ibidem)

No comments:

Post a Comment