Friday, September 21, 2012

Methodology

Some of you may have been wondering why I'll devote two lengthy paragraphs to Bitte Orca or Relax, while other albums only receive a few sentences.

The reason why I try to limit myself to a single paragraph is for your ease. I start with several hundred words, and try to narrow it down to paragraph because I find most album reviews far too prolix. Occasionally I will write a longer review because, to quote George Bernard Shaw, I didn't have time to write a shorter one.

But what about those really short ones? The truth is I am a busy student and can only write so many longer reviews per week. Obviously, I would rather spend this time writing about something I enjoyed. But I consume a ridiculous amount of albums, many of which I don't think are great, and I'd like to record my opinion if not my thoughts on these as well, if not only for my own reference.

Since I'm a geek, I've kept a notebook for some time now where I've jotted down a few notes and a rating for any album I felt I had listened to enough times to know how I felt about it. Between Wednesdays and Fridays, or on Wednesdays and Fridays in which I'm feeling especially lazy, I'll be gradually adding these reviews to the blog as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment